Shortlist Announced for 2016 Fringe Award!
We're pleased to announce those Edinburgh Festival Fringe productions who have been shortlisted for our award for sustainable practice.
With more applications than ever before, the shortlisting process was hard to do, and we commend all productions who applied. Productions were assessed on their consideration of sustainability practice and/or themes in their work, with a particular emphasis on excellence and innovative design.
- Adventures of a Redheaded Coffeshop Girl Rebecca Perry Productions Gilded Balloon Teviot
- Allison After a Fire Colorado Underground Greenside @ Infirmary Street
- Are We Stronger Than Winston? VOU Fiji Dance Greenside @ Nicolson Square
- Bend in the River Deep Water Theatre Collective Greenside @ Nicolson Square
- Bildraum Atelier Bildraum Summerhall
- Bird Sita Pieraccini in association with Feral Dance Base
- Cold/Warm So Be It Pleasance Courtyard
- Cosmic Fear or The Day Brad Pitt got Paranoia, Empty Deck Bedlam Theatre
- Delivery #16 The Giftgiver Co-op Theatre Arts Exchange
- Eden Less Theatre theSpace @ Surgeon’s Hall
- Erin, Errol and the Earth Creatures Modest Predicament Scottish Storytelling Centre
- Eurohouse Nasi Voutsas and Bertrand Lesca Summerhall
- Generation Zero Lamphouse Theatre ZOO Southside
- Keep the Kids Out! Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas Stand in the Square
- One Day Moko Portable Union/Gilded Balloon Gilded Balloon Teviot
- Ribbet Ribbet Croak Moulded Pleasance Courtyard
- Romeo and Juliet Handlebards Royal Botanic Gardens
- Sheltered Bellyfeel Theatre Paradise in the Vault
- The Hours Before We Wake Tremolo Theatre Underbelly Cowgate
- The Nine Lives of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Vagabond Productions Assembly George Sq Studios
- The Rooster Rebellion Mariani-Oliver Company theSpace on Niddry Street
- The Story of Mr B Shake Shake Theatre Institut français d’Ecosse
- Trashed Bears & Vagabonds Productions Lauriston Halls
- World Without Us Ontroerend Goed Summerhall
The list encompasses a variety of topics from homelessness and young people’s experiences in today’s changing world to futuristic societies and the very real impacts of climate change and rising sea levels on people and their homes.
The shortlisted productions are now being watched by our team of judges to evaluate quality and audience engagement – you can follow along and read about our experiences on the #GreenFests blog over the next few weeks. The shortlist is also published online by The List, our media partner, and shortlisted productions will be highlighted in subsequent List festival editions.
EFSPA Award Ceremony
August 26 @ 10:30am
The winner of the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe Sustainable Practice Award will be announced 10.30am, Friday 26th August, at Edinburgh’s Festival Theatre. Come celebrate sustainability and creativity with all the applicants, members of the arts and sustainability sector and host Holly Burn!
The Edinburgh Fringe Sustainable Practice Award was established in 2010 by Center for Sustainable Practice In the Arts, and is now run as a joint initiative between the US organisation and Creative Carbon Scotland, in partnership with The List magazine and PR Print & Design.
The award toolkit is available year-round for any production wishing to use its resources, suggestions and tools to grow the sustainability of their production.
For more information, please take a look at our Edinburgh Festival Fringe project page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org