Cultural sector support organisations Arts & Business Scotland, Creative Carbon Scotland, Cultural Enterprise Office and the Federation of Scottish Theatre are here to help freelancers, artists and creative organisations of all stripes get on in the business of the arts.
Like you, they need to make the most of the public funding that they receive. All five sector support organisations are working together to help you be more connected, effective and collaborative in delivering your work.
The goal is to make sure that you – artists, venues, festivals and creative companies – know about all of the additional support available and make sure you get the expert help you need. Learn more about what each organisation can do for you.
Arts & Business Scotland
Arts & Business Scotland’s (A&BS) vision is for a Scotland where the cultural and business sectors are connected and thriving. Its purpose is to put business into culture and creativity into business by advocating the value of cross-sectoral partnerships to encourage collaborative working.
As a membership organisation it delivers:
- Training, support and advice for the cultural sector on governance and fundraising
- Incentive grants to encourage new business sponsors of the arts\
- Artist in residence programme
- Cross sectoral networking, events and seminars.
Creative Carbon Scotland
Creative Carbon Scotland (CCS) works with artists, organisations and strategic partners to put culture at the heart of a socially, economically and environmentally sustainable Scotland. Through events, projects and opportunities, CCS connects the arts with sustainability and sustainability with the arts. They provide free training for arts organisations through their Carbon Reduction Project and Green Arts Initiative, and have a wealth of sustainability information online for anyone working within the arts.
Cultural Enterprise Office
Cultural Enterprise Office (CEO) support those starting, running and growing their creative business or practice. Whether you need advice about marketing or funding, information about legal structures or intellectual property rights, they can help you work out what to do next by offering:
- One to one specialist advice from In-house Advisers
- Sector-specific advice via their Industry Associates
- Online resources grouped by business stage and sector
- Flourish Mentoring and Fashion Foundry
Federation of Scottish Theatre
FST is the membership and development body for professional theatre, dance and opera in Scotland. FST delivers a range of professional development and networking opportunities, as well as providing advocacy for the performing arts sector.
The opportunities include:
- Specialist Forums in the areas of: dance, touring, producing and technical theatre.
- Bursaries: for Producers, Assistant Directors and recent graduates in Technical and Production
- Training, including Technical Winter School
All of these organisations are are in business to help you make the most of your business. To learn more about and access the support on offer, get in touch using the links above.