‘Cultural Adaptations’ Project Seeks Two Evaluators
Creative Carbon Scotland is seeking two individuals to undertake formative and summative evaluation of the Creative Europe 'Cultural Adaptations' project (2018-2021).
Cultural Adaptations (EUCAN) is a ‘small co-operation project’ supported by the Creative Europe programme of the EU. It is led by CCS and involves three partner cultural organisations: TILLT in Gothenburg, Sweden; Greentrack Gent in Ghent, Belgium; and Axis Ballymun (Dublin) in Ireland.
Each partner will work with a local organisation focused on climate change adaptation to develop adaptation strategies for cultural SMEs and to run a joint project in which an artist will be placed within a non-cultural adaptation project in order to explore how their different ways of thinking and working can help contribute to addressing knotty adaptation-related problems. All this activity is effectively a piece of action research leading to the development of a resource to encourage future similar activity by more cultural and adaptation organisations. A detailed project description is included in the tender document.
Seeking Two Evaluators
The aim of the evaluation is to draw out learning from the different pilot projects in the four countries in order to:
- Learn from the first projects to improve the later ones
- Compare the different pilots in the different settings, led by different organisations addressing different issues, to understand the common factors, the differences between and the strengths and weaknesses of the different approaches
- Help steer the overall project to ensure that the work done is relevant and useful to both cultural and adaptation actors
- Build a body of knowledge to inform the Toolkit and Resource
- Provide the basis for a methodology to evaluate future projects
For full details of the tender, and more information, please download the tender document.
The budget available for the research described above is £8,200 for each researcher. Creative Carbon Scotland is not VAT registered so this total should include VAT. Travel to meetings and travel to, accommodation at, and subsistence costs for Transnational Meetings will be paid in addition to this sum.
How to Apply
Proposals are invited from suitably qualified and experienced researchers to undertake one or both of the areas of research. Linked proposals would be welcomed.
Proposals should be sent to Ben Twist, Director of Creative Carbon Scotland, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to Catriona Patterson at EUCAN@creativecarbonscotland.com, by 5pm on Friday 2 November and should include the following information:
- An indication of which area you wish to evaluate (culture or sustainability – or both if appropriate)
- A CV demonstrating appropriate experience
- An outline of your proposed methodology
- A price for the work
If you have any questions about the project or the role(s), please get in touch with Ben.Twist@creativecarbonscotland.com
Cultural Adaptations (EUCAN) is co-funded with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. Find out more about the project.