Ever wondered how others helped to improve in their local community? Want to learn about the journey of what someone did to create a positive impact for the world? Or find out why they decided to make a change for the better?
Join the Global Huddle – a free, online festival of ideas and stories – where you’ll learn from successful changemakers across the globe about their voyages of discovery, defeat and determination. No one is born a success so you will hear about the blood, sweat and tears it took for them to achieve their goals. Our speakers include an amazing and diverse array of passionate changemakers who have helped to make a difference for people and the planet.
Think of the Global Huddle as a TED talk with the added benefit of being able to interact with the speakers. You can join any time you like during the three days so you don’t have to be free for the entire festival. We’ve scheduled the three events at different times over three days to ensure you can join at a suitable time for you, no matter where in the world you live.
The festival will be aired on Zoom and you’ll be sent joining instructions via email a few days before the event, so do make sure you check your spam folder in case the email gets lost in there.
Agenda and speakers’ list:
7:00 AM → 9:30 BST on 11th August 2020
- Kumar Paudel, Kathmandu based conservationist and founding director of Greenhood Nepal
- Moreangels Mbiza, Founder and Executive Director of Wildlife Conservation Action
- Rae Ritchie, freelance writer, editor and speaker
- Tanja Burke Jensen, NGO founder of FAIR Integration
- Nikki Roach, conservation scientist & Fullbright Scholar
Register for the Global Huddle on 11th August
11:00 AM → 1:30 PM BST on 12th August 2020 register here
- Laura Kehoe, scientist at Nature Conservancy/University of Oxford, founder of 400trees.org, EUBrazilTrade.org, and Dear Green Santa
- Rodgers Lubilo, African leader in community conservation from Zambia
- Justine Shanti Alexander, Executive Director of the Snow Leopard Network and Regional Ecologist for the Snow Leopard Trust
- Elizabeth Gowing, TED speaker, author and co-founder of The Ideas Partnership
Register for the Global Huddle on 12th August
5:00 PM → 7:30 PM BST on 13th August 2020
- Eli Enns, CEO of IIsaak Olam Foundation, Canada
- Tatjana Rosen, Lead, Team Bars Turkmenistan and UNEP Vanishing Treasures Technical Adviser for Kyrgyzstan
- Iara Lacher, Landscape Ecologist at Smithsonian Institute/ Changing Landscapes Initiative, Co-Owner of Seven Bends Nursery
- Rosie Watson, Climate Activist and fell runner, New Story Run
Register for the Global Huddle on 13th August
Share your news, events and opportunities!
This event was posted by BE IN THE CHANGE. Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite you to submit news, blogs, opportunities and your upcoming events.