Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite you to submit relevant events.
Panel discussion, seminar and networking lunch for businesses and business support organisations, organised by Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group and Adaptation Scotland.
Adaptation Scotland will launch new guidance for businesses and describe the support available.
– Dame Susan Rice, event Chair and Chair, Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group
– Michael Alexander, Global Head of Water, Environment & Agriculture Sustainability, Diageo plc
– Sandy Trust, Senior Manager, Actuarial & Risk Team, Grant Thornton UK LLP
– Dr Roddy Yarr, Assistant Director (Sustainability and Environmental Management), University of Strathclyde
– Lesley Frostick, Strategy Partner, Scottish Enterprise
This event will equip you to:
– Respond to changing customer requirements: hear how the requirement for increased resilience to climate impacts is being embedded within public sector procurement processes including major asset and infrastructure investments.
– Increase knowledge of climate related financial disclosures: gain insights from the insurance and finance sector on assessment and disclosure of climate risks.
– Consider supply chain resilience: learn from practical examples of supply chain disruption and resilience solutions.
– Increase understanding of climate risks and opportunities: find out about the climate challenges and opportunities likely to affect different business sectors in Scotland.
Who should attend?
– Business owners, directors and senior decision makers who can show adaptation ‘leadership’ in their business or in supporting others in their supply chain.
– Businesses considering adaptation
– Businesses providing adaptation products and services
– Professionals working in a business support role.
9.30am: Arrival & registration, tea & coffee
10am: Introduction, Dame Susan Rice, Chair Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group
10.15-11am: Panel Session
11-11.30am: Open Q&A
11.30am-12.15pm: Break-out discussions: challenges/opportunities/leadership on business adaptation
12.30pm: Closing/summary from Dame Susan Rice
Networking and lunch
Got a question about the event? Email Ellie Murtagh. Tel +44 (0)131 651 4677. Email Ellie@sniffer.org.uk
This event was posted by Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group. Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite the community to submit news, blogs and opportunities to the site.
A project initiated by Edinburgh’s Festivals with key partners the Federation of Scottish Theatre and Scottish Contemporary Art Network
© Creative Carbon Scotland 2018. Creative Carbon Scotland is a Scottish Charitable
Incorporated Organisation. Registered Charity number: SC042687
City Chambers, Room 9/50, High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ