Join this interactive EAUC-Scotland training session to develop a broad understanding of the key policy areas and structures you should be aware of when working in climate change and sustainability – locally, in Scotland, in the UK, in Europe, and globally. We will also explore a global history of sustainability and climate change awareness and policy development, allowing you to develop an understanding of how we got to where we are today.
This is an interactive workshop, encouraging participants to reflect on their own understandings of climate change and sustainability policy, and how it affects their lives and work.
- By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain simple policy language
- Identify key sustainability policy developments on a global, EU, UK, and Scottish level
- Understand the role of local policies and strategies
- Summarise the development of climate change and sustainability policy agendas
- Use key resources to identify policies relevant to your work