The Cultural Adaptations conference will take place online from 2-5 March 2021.
This unique event will combine keynote presentations and participatory workshops to share international learning on how culture can play a central role in climate change adaptation.
About the Cultural Adaptations conference
Across four days, the virtual conference will present the learnings from workshops in four European nations (Sweden, Ireland, Belgium and Scotland) as well as expert speakers from case studies, successful initiatives and exemplary international leadership in adaptation and culture.
Delegate discussions and workshops will finalise the Cultural Adaptations digital resource and final toolkit, which will subsequently be made available for free use and replication.
The programme will explore:
- How cultural organisations can adapt to the projected impacts of climate change using new methods and digital tools
- How adaptation by cultural SMEs can lead and support other city-region organisations to adapt
- How creative methods and arts practice can shape how regions adapt to climate change
- How cross-sector collaboration on climate issues can be a future role for the arts
Who should participate?
The Cultural Adaptation conference will provide a unique opportunity for practitioners, policy makers and researchers working in climate change adaptation or arts and culture.
This event is therefore particularly relevant to: adaptation professionals working at the national, regional or city scale:
- Policy makers from local and national government with a remit in: culture, sustainability, adaptation, regeneration or development
- Cultural managers of creative organisations, civic creative spaces or cultural initiatives
- Artists and creative practitioners with an interest in working in different sectors to achieve social/political change
- Academics with a research concentration in transformation, cultural value, environmental art and adaptation complexity
More information and registration
Registration will open in late 2020. Register your interest and be notified when ticket registration opens.
Cultural Adaptations is an action research project funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, and co-funded by the Scottish Government.