Audiences > Promote Public Transport
Provide regularly updated information on the most sustainable means for your audiences to travel to your organisation. Particularly if you are a more remote venue, you might also want to plan the timing of shows so as to accommodate audiences traveling via public transport.
– Provide information about public transport to and from your venue in brochures, on website and fliers and in press releases;
– List transport choices in order of sustainability (walk, cycle, bus, rail, car);
– Encourage audiences to use public transport through the box office – ensure box office staff know the options and recommend sustainable ones first;
– Publicise public transport clearly in your venue with signs, information, maps and timetables.
– Publicise information you’ve gathered about changing audience travel patterns – people want to be like others and will change their behaviour if they think others are too.