Green Arts Competition: Win £50 to help your green work!
How could £50 help your organisation's Green Arts work? Send in your ideas for the chance to win in our Green Arts Competition!
Creative Carbon Scotland came joint 1st place (once more!) in the Sustrans Scotland ‘Scottish Workplace Journey Challenge‘, with everyone in the organisation logging a low carbon journey – as well as a few of our friends from Festivals Edinburgh. For our efforts we’ve got a new proudly-displayed certificate and a count of how many donuts our exercise was equivalent to (63!) but we also won the opportunity to donate £50 to a charity of our choice: could this be you? We discussed it as team, and decided we wanted to use the donation to help support the fantastic Green Arts community’s work.
We weren’t the only ones in the sector riding (and walking, taking the bus etc) high, a big congratulations to Green Arts Initiative member National Galleries of Scotland who were top of the category of organisations with 250-499 employees!
Win £50 towards your Green Arts work
Now we’re on the hunt for the best sustainability idea from our Green Arts community. We’re running a competition over the course of May 2019: anyone from the Green Arts Initiative can submit an idea, and we’ll pick a winner to announce at the end of the month!
We know £50 won’t cover the costs of all your sustainability ambitions, but we hope it’ll help you get the ball rolling on something in your wish-list. Perhaps you want to invest in a bicycle pump and puncture repair kits to support your staff using active travel to get to work; reward your green team with some sustainable treats or pay for (sustainable) transport to Green Champion training. Anything goes, as long as it contributes to your environmental sustainability efforts!
Last year’s winner
The Green Team at Edinburgh International Book Festival, had the winning idea in last year’s competition of sending out letters to their donors using seeded/plantable paper – to remind the donors of the setting of the Book Festival’s settings in Charlotte Square Gardens, whilst spreading wildflowers throughout the UK to support pollinator populations.
- Submit your idea by 5pm on Friday 31st of May 2019.
- Keep it simple: try to keep your idea to three sentences or less.
- Your organisation has to be a Scottish-based cultural organisation, and a member of the Green Arts Initiative (join, if you’re not already a member!).
- You can submit as many ideas as you want, and different people from the same organisation can submit different ideas.
- It can contribute to an existing sustainability project, act as seed-funding for something new, or cover the costs of something small.
- The winning idea will be selected by the Creative Carbon Scotland team for its creativity/originality/effectiveness/quality.
- We’ll share our favourite ideas on our website, through our social media, and in our monthly Green Arts Round-Up to members.
Submit your Idea
If you have any questions, please contact our Green Arts Manger, Catriona, on email@example.com
The Green Arts Initiative is a networked community of practice, made up of over 225 cultural organisations in Scotland committed to reducing their environmental impact. Free to join, the community is working on everything from reducing their carbon emissions, to engaging staff, to producing artistic work that tackles climate change head-on. Find out more (and join!) on our Green Arts Initiative project page.