Green Tease Open Call
Are you interested in harnessing the imagination and influencing power of the arts for a more sustainable Scotland?
The Green Tease Open Call is a funded opportunity which supports sustainability practitioners and artists to exchange ideas, knowledge and practices with the aim of building new connections between their areas of work and widening understanding of the role of arts in influencing a more sustainable society.
What support does the Open Call offer?
- Budget to run your event to help cover speaker fees, travel expenses, venue hire and refreshments. In many cases, costs are shared by Creative Carbon Scotland and the event partners and organisers
- Event shaping, planning and facilitation support to ensure the event is relevant to the Green Tease network, accessible and inclusive
- Event promotion to the Green Tease network
- Event evaluation
Looking for ideas and inspiration?
Green Tease started in 2013 with cups of tea and biscuits around a table in the Briggait in Glasgow and has continued to support a growing community of sustainability practitioners and artists interested in working together to tackle climate change. Past events taken the form of:
- Talks from artists, climate change and sustainability practitioners
- Events running in tandem with wider conferences, exhibitions, festivals etc.
- Hands-on, practical workshops
- Film screenings
- Focus group discussions
- Panel discussions
- Pecha kucha presentations
- Site visits and walking tours
- Occassional day trips (such as the Abernethy Nature Reserve with RSPB Scotland)
Have a read through our events archive and Green Tease reflection blogs to find out more about past events.
Info on the Green Tease network
In a recent survey, network members highlighted that:
- Evenings are the preferred time for events
- They value the chance to meet people working across different sectors, exchange knowledge and gain inspiration for new, creative approaches in their work
- They are interested in a wide range of artforms with particular focus on multi-artform, community arts and visual arts
- They are interested in all of the goals addressed in the UN Sustainable Development Goals with some focus on sustainable cities and communities, climate action, energy, and responsible consumption and production
Event proposals will be selected on the basis of quality of content, inclusivity and the addressing of the connections between arts and sustainability to appeal to a wide audience.
We’re particularly keen to hear from practitioners working in sustainability and climate change related-roles who we don’t know (yet!)
Events must also meet the following criteria:
- Organised and run in a way that minimises the negative environmental impacts of the event
- Accessible and inclusive in the content, organising and running of the event
- Freelancers and self-employed contributors are paid for their time
Please have read our Green Tease DIY Handbook for further event planning guidelines.
How to apply
*We are currently seeking proposals to run events for up to March 2019*
Please fill in the below form which outlines your event proposal and your contact details. Depending on what stage you are at in the planning process you may also wish to include a proposed date, location and costs. Please note, depending on levels of interest we may not be able to support all proposals.
If you have any questions, please contact our culture/SHIFT Producer, Gemma, on email@example.com