Green Tease Open Call
Creative Carbon Scotland is pleased to announce a funded open call for artists, freelancers, and cultural and environmental sustainability organisations …
Creative Carbon Scotland is pleased to announce a funded open call for artists, freelancers, and cultural and environmental sustainability organisations to shape and contribute to our ongoing Green Tease event series: connecting cultural practices and environmental sustainability.
Green Tease events have been running since 2013 as a regular informal meeting points for people interested in building links between the arts and sustainability through the exchange of ideas, knowledge and practices.
We’re very excited now to open up the running of Green Tease events to others to widen interest and activity across cultural and sustainability communities.
How will this work?
We’ll continue to run some sessions ourselves, but at the same time, we are opening up the platform so that people can run their own events. This is a chance to share your knowledge, skills and ideas with the Green Tease network and help build Scotland’s arts and sustainability community of practice. Events could take the following forms or other formats that you’re interested in:
- Talk or presentation about a project you have been involved in or are developing;
- Practical workshop involving the learning of new skills or trying out of new ideas;
- Group discussion on a particular theme which you feel could benefit from contribution from artistic or sustainability perspectives;
- Walk, tour or site visit;
- Film screening;
- Events run in tandem with a wider conference, festival etc.
- Guidelines and support
We’ll provide the following support to help make your event happen:
- Up to £175 budget. This could cover organising or presenting at the Green Tease, refreshments, and venue hire if necessary (often we can help to source a venue free of charge);
- Help marketing your event to the Green Tease network;
- Green Tease DIY handbook with some guiding principles to follow;
- Event evaluation
You can find more information on previous events on our project page and Green Tease reflection blogs.
Events will be selected on the basis of content quality, inclusivity and the exploration of the interface between arts and sustainability. We will also aim to ensure the continuing development of the overall programme and it’s usefulness and value to the Green Tease network. Following your submission we will be in touch to ask any follow up questions that we might have. Please note, depending on levels of interest we may not be able to support all submissions.
If you have any questions before submitting a proposal feel free to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your event proposal here.