How Creative Carbon Scotland can support our cultural sector
We know that the last few weeks have been very challenging for our cultural sector. In this continually changing situation, we want to reassure you that we are still here to support you in your green work in any way we can.
At Creative Carbon Scotland, we remain focused on supporting the sector in their environmental ambitions. Climate change will continue to impact cultural organisations, artists, audiences and our wider world in the months and years to come. During this difficult time, we want to make the most of the Scottish Green Arts community by developing help, support and connections for all those finding new ways of working for a different future.
How we can support the sector
There are numerous continuing and new ways in which we can support you:
- Connecting you with other Green Champions in cultural organisations across Scotland
- Sharing case studies of successful green initiatives to inspire and inform your own efforts
- Opening up our archive of free tools and resources to help you address climate change in your work
- Helping you to understand your carbon footprint, and providing 1:1 advice on how to manage your emissions, preparing you for any reporting requirements
- Advising on how you can adapt to the impacts of climate change – including changing temperatures, rainfall, sea level rise and extreme weather.
Upcoming digital events and opportunities
We have a range of ways to get involved in the coming months:
- If you are a member of the Green Arts Initiative, join our new Green Arts Facebook Group, where you can connect with other Green Champions and share questions, experiences and source ideas.
- Members can also join our new Green Arts monthly meetups, which will explore key green topics for the sector. Details are shared through our communications with members and the Facebook group, and topics are set the month in advance (past topic have included communicating climate change, climate justice for arts organisations and a focus on travel. Check our events calendar to find out what else is coming up.
- If you are a Regularly Funded Organisation or funded through the City of Edinburgh Council, review our guidance on how to report your emissions for 2019/20 and get in touch with Caro to discuss how your carbon management plans are changing.
Like many, the Creative Carbon Scotland team are working from home, but we can all be contacted through email: