Opportunity: New fund launched to support COP Conversations
Museums, libraries and historic environment organisations can apply for up to £1,000.
The #COP26Conversations Fund has been designed to help cultural and heritage organisations begin to raise their profile as spaces for communities to engage with the climate challenge and explore positive actions. The fund encourages fun and creative participation, a chance to connect with the energy that is building in Scotland as the hosts of COP26.
The fund is being delivered in partnership between Museums Galleries Scotland, the Scottish Library and Information Council and Historic Environment Scotland, it will offer small grants (up to £1,000) to museums, libraries and historic environment organisations to host small-scale, community-focused events and activities in the build-up to and during COP26.
Activity could be in person or by digital means and might include;
- a one-off event or workshop to explore the impact of climate change in your local area
- a trail or walking tour to explore climate impact
- storytelling or other artistic presentations or experiences reflecting on climate change
- a specialist piece of interpretation around an object, book, site, building or landscape
- a call to action to inspire individuals to take action to reduce climate impact in their own lives
Deadline: 5pm, 30th July.
For more information and to apply, please visit Museums Galleries Scotland.
Share your news, events and opportunities!
This opportunity was posted by Museums Galleries Scotland. Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite you to submit news, blogs, opportunities and your upcoming events.