Green Arts Conference – Travel/Participation Bursary Request
This year, we have identified a small fund to support those who may find it difficult to attend our conference as a result of distance (more than 50 miles from the event venue) or personal circumstance (such as caring responsibilities) with up to £50 towards supporting their participation.
If you would like assistance to enable your participation in the 2019 Green Arts Conference, please read the below information and complete the following form.
Eligibility of Individuals and Costs
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a ticket for the Green Arts Conference
- Be based in Scotland (this fund is aimed at reducing national barriers to participation in the Green Arts community, which is a Scotland-based initiative)
- For support for travel, you must:
- Be based more than 50 miles from the conference venue in central Edinburgh
- Be taking the most cost-effective sustainable method of transportation wherever possible (we do not cover the cost of taxi fares or car mileage unless there are exceptional circumstances)
We will only reimburse travel where acceptable receipts are given (this must show the date, journey, travel company and cost). Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis, and we reserve the right to close applications at any time, and once all available bursaries have been requested.
Where more than one member of an organisation is attending, only one bursary will be awarded. However, the bursary may be used to cover more than one individual’s participation costs.
What about ticket costs?
This bursary fund does not cover the ticket cost of the event. We aim to keep ticket costs low for all attending, and offer a concessionary ticket price, suitable for freelancers, students, those currently unemployed or for those employed in organisations with a turnover of less than £50,000 per year, as well as an early-bird rate.
How it works
This is the process by which we will accept and distribute our bursaries
- Requests for bursaries will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Applicants will be contacted to confirm any necessary details.
- Following the event, applicants will be asked for their bank details and proof of travel/costs
- Creative Carbon Scotland will reimburse these costs, up to £50, within one month.