Opportunity for Artists: Scotland + Venice Project
This opportunity is now expired. This post comes from Creative Scotland: Scotland + Venice Scotland + Venice provides artists based in …
This opportunity is now expired.
This post comes from Creative Scotland:
Scotland + Venice
Scotland + Venice provides artists based in Scotland with a valuable platform to showcase their work on the international stage at one of the world’s most prestigious visual arts festivals, the Venice Biennale.
It is a partnership between Creative Scotland, National Galleries of Scotland and British Council Scotland, and is now seeking notes of interest from experienced curators and/or visual arts organisations who will work with them to deliver an ambitious and imaginative project that will run during the Biennale (May 13 to November 26 2017).
The partners expect the selected project to deliver:
- A significant opportunity for the selected artist/s to produce ambitious and original work, taking into account the particular challenges and opportunities of Venice and the wider context of the Biennale;
- High impact and visibility within an extremely busy and ever expanding Biennale with a good level of attendance that builds on previous Scotland + Venice presentations;
- Strong critical and professional responses from within Scotland, the rest of the UK and internationally.
Additionally the partners will work with the selected individual/organisation to deliver:
- High public and media profile, particularly within Scotland but also in the rest of the UK and internationally;
- An effective approach to managing the exhibition in Venice and providing a warm and informative welcome to all visitors;
- Audience development opportunities within Scotland that take a number of forms during the period of the Biennale and beyond;
- A series of professional development opportunities that build on the previous experience of Scotland + Venice and that sustain the partnerships established with Scotland’s universities and colleges;
- Increased profile for the visual arts community in Scotland, making the most of the opportunity that Venice affords to increase professional interest in the artists and arts organisations that are permanently based here.
Outline proposals should be completed using the templates provided on the Creative Scotland website and should be submitted to Amanda Catto, Head of Visual Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 14 April 2016. A shortlist of a maximum of 6 proposals will be established and we will invite the selected applicants to discuss these in more detail at an interview to be held in Edinburgh on 25 April 2016.