Opportunity: Final deadline 31st January 2020 – get your entries in!
The John Byrne Award is open to anyone who is 16 or over living or studying in Scotland. Submit creative works in any medium to enter the competition for a £7500 top prize, and £500 quarterly prizes.
The John Byrne Award is Scotland’s most inclusive competition for emerging artists. Our aim is to encourage a discussion about societal values by promoting the creative work of our entrants.
We are looking for work that is thought-provoking and displays a sophisticated consideration of values.
Visit www.johnbyrneaward.org.uk to see all entries.
Everyone who enters will receive an invitation to our awards ceremony, held in Edinburgh in February 2020.
Any creative medium is accepted.
- Visual – Paintings, drawings, sketches, illustrations, sculpture, digital art, screen prints, mixed media, photography.
- Design – Product/industrial design, fashion design, textile design, game design, UI/UX design, interior and spatial design, architectural design.
- Audio – Compositions, songs, original pieces of music, audio recordings.
- Video – Documentaries, interviews, animation, music videos, art films, short films, fashion films.
- Writing – poetry, journalism, blog posts, essays, creative writing.
- 16 and over
- Currently living or studying in Scotland
- We accept one entry per person or team per month
- Annual award – £7500
- Quarterly award – £500
- £7500 award: 23:59 on 31st January 2020
- £500 award: 23:59 on the last day of April, July, and October.
How to enter:
Submit your entry here.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or visit the website.
Share your events and opportunities!
This event was posted by the John Byrne Award. Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite you to submit news, blogs, opportunities and your upcoming events.