Opportunity: Arts Project Leader at RIG Arts
RIG Arts are looking for a new Project Leader and tutor to help cover our Climate Challenge Projects
Arts Project Leader
RIG Arts are looking for a new Project Leader and tutor to help cover our Climate Challenge Fund projects mainly working in Greenock.
Start date: 11 December 2017.
End date: 31st March 2018.
Application Deadline Tuesday 28th November at 5pm
Hours: 30hrs/ week
Roles and responsibilities include:
- completing project reports
- keeping an accurate record of waste collected and upcycled/ recycled throughout the projects and translating this into carbon emissions
- liaising with community groups, schools, housing associations, artists and other partners
- delivering workshops in schools and with community groups
- booking and assisting freelance artists for workshops
- planning and coordinating events and
- updating social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our blog with visual and written documentation of the projects.
Applicants should have experience:
- in working with Excel and Word and
- in delivering classes both in primary schools and with community groups of a range of ages and abilities.
The successful applicant will work mainly from the RIG Arts studio in Greenock, PA15 1JG but will be required to travel to 2 primary schools in the area, as well as our Art Flat in Broomhill, Greenock and various locations within the Seedhill area of Paisley. They will receive 2 weeks of on-the-job training. Driving desirable.
More info about the projects and RIG Arts can be found on the RIG Arts Facebook page, RIG Arts Twitter, our blog www.thebroomhillproject.com/plasticfantastic and our website www.rigarts.org