Opportunity: Call for environmentalists, artists, campaigners, and creatives
Call for creative online environmental arts events
We’re looking for proposals for creative online events connecting the arts and environmentalism to be run during social distancing as part of our Green Tease programme. These events would be micro-funded by and organised in collaboration with us, Creative Carbon Scotland.
Green Tease is a community and events programme organised by Creative Carbon Scotland exploring interactions between environmentalism and the arts. Since the outbreak of coronavirus Green Tease has moved online with monthly meetups, a Facebook group, and a database of practitioners. We’ve also held online meetings about COP26 and climate justice.
Now we’re looking to hold further online events between June and September that:
1) engage with the current situation and its implications for the climate movement and the arts. Examples of this might include:
- Imagining what a just and green recovery from coronavirus might look like
- Creative digital engagement techniques for continuing environmental activism under social distancing
- The role of the arts in care and wellbeing
- What the environmental movement can learn from the response to coronavirus
2) make artistic or creative use of online event formats. Examples of this might include:
- Collective art making
- Interactive workshops
- Thinking or visioning exercises
- Creative or non-standard ways of using online platforms or resources
These events should be free, open to people from both arts and environment backgrounds, and as accessible and environmentally sustainable as possible in design. Based on experience and feedback we normally run Green Tease events on weekday evenings for around 2 hours, but there is a lot of flexibility here depending on what you want to achieve. The funding from us could be used to cover artist fees or materials for example.
If you have an idea for an online event that you would like to run, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no formal application procedure, rather we’re keen to hear your initial thoughts and develop ideas together collaboratively. The nature of the collaboration is flexible. You may have a fully-fledged plan and need help with publicity or a small amount of funding, or you may have a great idea for an event have no time or resources to organise it. Either of these or anything in between are welcome.
If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch.