Opportunity: CCS Digital Communications Officer (part time, 3 days/week)
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the CCS team to assist in the development of our …
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the CCS team to assist in the development of our digital communications which play an increasingly important role in achieving the organisation’s mission and objectives.
The Digital Communications Officer will take a lead on the management of CCS’s website (anticipated re-launch 2019) and digital platforms and tools, including developing new content and resources to ensure our outcomes are achieved across cultural and sustainability sectors, as well as assisting in the development of our Communications Strategy with the CCS Producer.
Learn more about CCS’s work here.
Salary: £24,500 pro rata (0.6FTE) + up to 3% of salary in pension contributions matching employee’s contributions
Hours: Part time (0.6 FTE). A 22.5 hour week with a degree of flexibility on both sides, as some evening and weekend work may be required and busy periods may call for extra hours, with time taken off in lieu during quieter periods. Extra days’ work are likely to occur around specific project development and delivery.
Flexible working and Job Sharing Creative Carbon Scotland welcomes applications from freelancers and proposals for flexible working or job-share, subject to the needs of the role being satisfactorily fulfilled.
Holidays: 20 days annual leave + 10 public holidays per year, calculated pro rata, to be taken at times agreed with the producer
Place of work: Based at Waverley Court, East Market Street, Edinburgh, but home working and hot-desking may be necessary. Travel throughout Scotland required.
Contract and notice period: This is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2018. Continuation of the contract is anticipated subject to funding. A probationary period of 3 months will apply, following successful completion of which the full fixed term contract will be confirmed.
Secondments Creative Carbon Scotland is very willing to consider a secondment for this role where this will embed carbon reduction knowledge and work within the cultural sector.
Main purpose of job
- Development and delivery of CCS’s Digital Strategy;
- Assisting the CCS Producer with the development and delivery of CCS’s Communications Strategy.
Development and delivery of CCS’s digital strategy
- Ongoing maintenance of, and leading on the re-development of, the CCS website, working with an external web development agency;
- Coordination of digital services including public webinars and video conferences;
- Creation of digital content including video, photographic and written content, digital resources, and monthly newsletters
Assisting in the development and delivery of CCS’s communications strategy
- Ongoing review and development of CCS’s communications strategy with CCS Producer;
- Delivering, with support from CCS team members, a range of promotional materials and online presence for regular projects and events, e.g.
- Management of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Supporting on the development of an evaluation process to assess CCS’ progress in achieving its key objectives;
- Development of CCS’s media presence through identification of relevant individuals, networks and professional platforms for dissemination of CCS work and core messages, and creation of tailored content for these groups
- Ensure that the communications strategy fulfils the aims of CCS’ Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan
CCS Strategy & Team support
- Contribute to devising and delivering CCS’s overall strategic mission;
- Contribute to weekly team planning and evaluation meetings;
- Assist the wider team with project delivery as appropriate.
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required and at the discretion of the Director.
Please note that during the phase of website re-development, the position hours will likely increase. This increase in hours will be made subject to agreement between the employee and employer and will be flexible depending on other time commitments which the employee may have at that time.
How to apply
Please note applications for this position are now closed.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 14th June in Edinburgh.
We are an accredited Living Wage employer.