Opportunity: CCS Digital Communications Officer (part time, 3 days/week)
We’re excited to announce that we’re recruiting for a Digital Communications Officer to join the CCS team and contribute to …
We’re excited to announce that we’re recruiting for a Digital Communications Officer to join the CCS team and contribute to the transition to a more sustainable Scotland by connecting culture and climate change.
Digital communications play an increasingly important role in achieving Creative Carbon Scotland’s mission and objectives. The Digital Communications Officer will take a lead on managing current digital platforms and tools and developing new content and resources to ensure our outcomes are achieved across cultural and sustainability sectors, as well as managing the Communications Strategy with the CCS Producer. In the coming years, the Digital Communications Officer will also lead on the development of the CCS website (anticipated re-launch 2019).
Salary: £23,000 pro rata (0.6FTE) + up to 3% of salary in pension contributions matching employee’s contributions
Hours: Part time (0.6 FTE). A 22.5 hour week with a degree of flexibility on both sides, as some evening and weekend work may be required and busy periods may call for extra hours, with time taken off in lieu during quieter periods. Extra days’ work are likely to occur around specific project development and delivery.
Flexible working and Job Sharing: Creative Carbon Scotland welcomes proposals for flexible working or job-share, subject to the needs of the role being satisfactorily fulfilled.
Holidays: 12 days plus 6 public holidays (20 days/10 days pro rata) to be taken at times agreed with the producer
Contract and notice period: This is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2018. Continuation of the contract is anticipated subject to funding. A probationary period of 3 months will apply, following successful completion of which the full fixed term contract will be confirmed.
Place of work: Based at Waverley Court, East Market Street, Edinburgh, but home working and hot-desking may also be necessary. Travel throughout Scotland required.
Secondments: Creative Carbon Scotland is very willing to consider a secondment for this role where this will embed carbon reduction knowledge and work within the cultural sector.
Equal Opportunities: Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to actively promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all of our work. This applies both to the services we provide to others and the way in which we ourselves operate. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to the Digital Communications Officer role to support equal opportunities in the recruitment process. If you have any enquiries regarding access requirements please contact email@example.com.
Main purpose of job:
- Development and delivery of CCS’s digital strategy;
- Development and delivery of CCS’s communications strategy with CCS Producer;
Development and delivery of CCS’s digital strategy
- Ongoing maintenance of, and leading on the re-development of CCS website;
- Creation of digital content including video, photographic, graphic and written content, digital resources, stakeholder reports, event documentation, and monthly newsletters;
- Coordination of digital services including public webinars and video conferences;
- Coordination and development of internal I.T. systems and procedures.
Development and delivery of CCS’s communications strategy
- Ongoing review and development of CCS’s communications strategy with CCS Producer;
- Delivering, with support from CCS team members, a range of promotional materials and online presence for regular projects and events, e.g.
- Management of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Supporting the development of an evaluation process to assess CCS’ progress in achieving its key objectives;
- Press & PR.
CCS Strategy & Team support
- Contribute to devising and delivering CCS’s overall strategic mission
- Contribute to weekly team planning and evaluation meetings
- Assist the wider team with project delivery as appropriate
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required and at the discretion of the Director.
Please note that during the phase of website re-development, the position hours will likely increase subject to agreement between the employee and employer.
Please note the deadline for this application has now passed.
We are an accredited Living Wage employer.