Opportunity: Contemporary Art Commissioning
We are looking for consultancy to manage the delivery of two contemporary art commissions.
Historic Environment Scotland wishes to bring contemporary art to some of the country’s most atmospheric places. With properties from the Borders to Shetland and from Brochs to Mills, we care for an eclectic range of sites that tell the story of Scotland and the people who have lived here.
With a busy exhibition programme managed by a small team, we are looking for consultancy to manage the delivery of two contemporary art commissions. Both commissions should be temporary and able to tour to at least two Historic Scotland properties.
The consultancy should cover:
- Preparation of the artist brief in consultation with the exhibition team
- Artist call out and management of queries and submissions
- Support of the longlisting and shortlisting process with relevant HES staff
- Management and funding of shortlisted artists drawing up detailed proposals
- Management of interviewing and appointment of artists with relevant HES staff
- Commissioning costs, to include artist fees, materials, transport and install
- Project management of development and production of final artwork, supporting the artists and liaising with the exhibition team
Key aims of the project
- Provide a platform for new creative responses to Scotland’s heritage
- Engage new visitors in our sites and work
- Celebrate Scotland’s heritage
- Challenge people’s perspectives of Historic Scotland
- Respond to tender: 3rd February 2020
- Initial briefing meeting: w/c 17th February 2020
- Appointment of artist: May/June 2020
- Installation of final artworks: May 2021
Responding to this invitation
In order to tender for the project, you will need to be registered on the Public Contract Scotland Tender website.
Your submission on QuickQuote should:
- Confirm you are able to deliver the work to the timetable
- Confirm the cost, divided into:
a. Consultancy fees for artist shortlisting process
b. Artist fees for developing proposals
c. Consultancy fees for project management and delivery of final artworks
d. Commissioning costs of final artworks, including artist fees, materials, installation
- Please provide information and samples of relevant previous work, particularly where it includes working with historic venues. Scores will be weighted in favour of relevant experience.
For further information, please contact Claire Whitbread.
Share your events and opportunities!
This event was posted by Historic Environment Scotland. Creative Carbon Scotland is committed to being a resource for the arts & sustainability community and we invite you to submit news, blogs, opportunities and your upcoming events.