Opportunity: Funded Green Tease Open Call at UNFIX Festival
Funding opportunity for artists / practitioners to run their own Green Tease at UNFIX Festival!
This special edition of the Green Tease Open Call is in partnership with UNFIX Festival, at CCA Glasgow on 29-31 March. UNFIX is a multi-arts festival focused on ecological crises, climate change, capitalist inequalities and how we can adapt to the challenges of the 21st century and the Anthropocene.
Can you harness the imagination and influence of the arts and culture to create a more sustainable Scotland, through your own Green Tease?
The Green Tease Open Call is a funded opportunity supporting sustainability practitioners and artists to exchange ideas, knowledge and practices. We invite you to create your own Green Tease to explore this, and if selected, your event will take place during the UNFIX festival and shown to an audience of artists and festival-goers.
What support does the Open Call offer?
- Funding to cover organiser and speaker fees, travel expenses and refreshments
- Technical support on the day
- Planning and facilitation support to ensure the event is relevant to the Green Tease network, and accessible and inclusive
- Event evaluation
Looking for ideas and inspiration?
Check out the Green Tease events archive and Green Tease reflection blogs. Past events include:
- Talks from artists, climate change and sustainability practitioners
- Events running in tandem with wider conferences, exhibitions and festivals
- Hands-on, practical workshops
- Film screenings / focus groups / discussions
Impact and interests of the Green Tease Network
To show the impact of the network, in the recent Green Tease network survey members said:
- They value the chance to meet people working across different sectors, exchange knowledge and gain inspiration for creative approaches in their work
- They are interested in a wide range of artforms with particular focus on multi-artform, community arts and visual arts
- They are interested in the UN Sustainable Development Goals with some focus on sustainable cities and communities, climate action, energy, and responsible consumption and production
Event proposals will be selected on the basis of quality of content, inclusivity and the addressing of the connections between arts and sustainability to appeal to a wide audience. We are keen to hear from practitioners working in sustainability and climate change related-roles who may have not worked with us before.
Events must meet these criteria:
- Have a running time of approximately two hours
- Organised with minimal environmental impact
- Accessible and inclusive in content, organisation and running of the event
- Freelancers and self-employed contributors are paid for their time
- Your idea should be deliverable in the CCA theatre / Club Room / Creative Lab / cinema spaces.
How to apply: Please send a short outline (500 words maximum) of your event idea, outlining how it meets the Open Call criteria by Wednesday 13th February to email@example.com, the selection for events will take place on Monday 18 February. The selected event will take place 29-31 March. Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: Henrik Knudsen