Case Study: Environmental Policy – the Tron
As a public building The Tron Theatre believes it has a responsibility for ensuring it achieves good environmental practices in order to reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
It is The Tron Theatre’s priority to encourage its staff, customers, suppliers and stakeholders to adopt a responsible approach toward the impact their actions have on the environment.
The Tron Theatre’s Environmental Policy is to:
- wholly support and comply with, or indeed exceed, the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice;
- reduce, and recycle the waste produced by our operations;
- Increase energy efficiency;
- reduce water consumption;
- encourage the use of alternative means of transport;
- purchase products and services which do the least damage to the environment, where possible, and encourage others to do the same.
- risk-assess environmental impact of any new processes in advance of introduction; and
- reduce the carbon footprint of the organisation
The policy will be reviewed and updated annually. Staff, customers and stakeholders will be consulted as part of this review. The General Manager will be responsible for ensuring the policy is updated and communicated to all relevant parties.
Under pinning the objectives of this policy is the Tron Theatre’s commitment to reducing the impact our activities have on the environment and continually improving our environmental practices as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.