Creative Carbon Scotland’s Guide to Waste
Creative Carbon Scotland has written a helpful guide to support cultural organisations adhering to new waste regulations.
The Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 were passed by the Scottish Government in May 2012 and came into force in January 2014 and January 2016. These new regulations significantly increased the responsibility of all organisations towards their waste production and disposal – particularly in terms of how and what they recycle.
Our guide comprehensively and clearly explains the rights and responsibilities of Scottish organisations when considering waste, and is specifically targeted at those operating in the arts and cultural sector.
The guide provides advice on a variety of topics, including:
- How to incorporate the Waste Hierarchy into your organisation
- What the Scottish Government means by ‘high-quality’ recycling
- The Reasonable Excuse, and what qualifies an exemption from the regulations
- The responsibilities of your waste contractor and questions to ask to ensure your waste is treated properly
- Key information on Waste Transfer Notes
For individual advice about measuring, monitoring, reducing and recycling your waste, contact Fiona on Fiona.Maclennan@creativecarbonscotland.com