Green Tease DIY Handbook
Since 2013 Green Tease has offered a platform for those interested in building links between the arts and sustainability through the exchange of ideas, knowledge and practices.
The Green Tease model is open source for cultural and sustainability practitioners to use and build new links between their areas of work.
In this DIY Handbook we have outlined some simple principles that you can follow to run your own Green Tease events and help build the arts and sustainability community of practice in Scotland.
As with other CCS projects, including ArtCOP Scotland, we’re not interested in having the monopoly on ideas. We want to support everyone to pick up the challenge and see where it takes them.
All you have to do is come up with an idea, follow some simple Green Tease principles and you’re good to go. Principles include:
- Building connections between arts and sustainability
- Making your activity as accessible as possible and open to anyone who’s interested
- Running your activity as sustainability as possible
Need some help running your event?
Submit your event ideas to our Green Tease Open Call and, subject to our selection process, we’ll provide the following support to help make your event happen:
- Up to £175 budget. This could cover organising or presenting at the Green Tease, refreshments, and venue hire if necessary (often we can help to source a venue free of charge);
- Help marketing your event to the Green Tease network;
- Event evaluation.
Image: Ailie Rutherford, Invitation to Tea, Lets Talk about the Future