The campaign seeks to raise awareness of how making greener and cleaner lifestyle choices is easier than many Scots think. Some simple changes include:
- Washing clothes at a lower temperature,
- avoiding and recycling food waste,
- leaving the car at home to walk shorter journeys
- and turning your thermostat down by just one degree.
Implementing all of these small changes can easily help cut some household greenhouse gas emissions.
Climate Change Minister Aileen McLeod said: “These small actions, if repeated across all Scottish households, would be a highly positive collective step forward. Through this campaign, we hope to inspire more Scots to contribute in making Scotland a cleaner, greener place to live now and in the future.”
Creative Carbon Scotland is on a mission to encourage more people to be a green action hero and help fight climate change as part of a new campaign from Greener Scotland. Visit our guides section for some helpful tips on how to conserve energy, save money and help cut your carbon emissions.
– By contributing aspirational stories of people who are already – or are thinking about – adopting one or more of the greener lifestyle choices from the campaign.
– Supporting the campaign via social media channels.
– Share campaign information through newsletters, the internet, field marketing and using the campaign resources.